- The UK strain of Coronavirus And Heart Condition in Dogs and cats.
- The infection of coronavirus has been detected in the countries like the UK and the US.
- This infection is suggesting as an animal-to-human transmission. Which is found in Many pet owner’s animals.
- However, The fact that the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 can infect animals, including pet cats and dogs, was established early in the Covid-19 pandemic.
- Now, the first few cases have been reported of cats and dogs being infected with the so-called “UK variant” of the coronavirus, otherwise known as B.1.1.7
- Researchers detected infection with the B.1.1.7 variant in a black lab-mix dog and a domestic shorthair cat from a household where their human had been diagnosed with Covid-19 in mid-February.
- A study by the A&M College of Veterinary Medicine & Biomedical Sciences, and funded by the US Centers for Disease Control, shows that surveillance of pets living in “high risk” households with people who have Covid-19.
- The researchers examined eight cats and three dogs, among which three tested positives for B.1.1.7 and three more showed antibodies.
Also, Read – How to Make Your Dog Stop Biting
- Although it is Noted that most of the owners and handlers of these pets with myocarditis had developed Covid-19 respiratory symptoms within 3-6 weeks before their pets became ill, and many of these owners had tested PCR-positive for Covid-19.
She is integral to optimizing the content. she is very determined in writing new content and its publication itself. currently, She is a student at the University of Delhi.