Ahmedabad Bomb Blast: The perpetrators of the 2008 Ahmedabad bombings were sentenced to 13 years in prison. The Gujarat special court sentenced 38 convicts of the serial bomb blast to death. 11 people were sentenced to life in prison. The court had completed the hearing in this case last Tuesday and had already convicted 49 people.
All 28 Defendants Were Found Not Guilty
- In the Ahmedabad Bomb Blast Case, the court convicted 49 people and acquitted 28 others.
- The court had completed trial proceedings in the more than 13-year-old case in September of last year.
- The police claimed that the Ahmedabad Bomb Blast was carried out by members of the terrorist organization Indian Mujahideen in order to avenge the Gujarat riots of 2002.
What Happened On The 27th Of August, 2008 In Ahmedabad?
- Ahmedabad’s memory will not allow it to forget the day of July 26, 2008, just as Mumbai’s memory will not allow it to forget the date of November 27, 2008.
- Be it the Civil Hospital, the Municipal Corporation’s LG Hospital, buses, bicycles parked in the parking lot, cars, etc. 22 blasts occurred in Ahmedabad that day in a span of 70 minutes. There were scenes of devastation everywhere.
- More than 56 people were killed and more than 200 people were injured.
- A total number of 24 bombs were planted during Ahmedabad Bomb Blast.
- The bombs in Kalol and Naroda failed to detonate.
- The special court’s decision in the 2008 Ahmedabad bomb blast case has taken nearly 14 years.
- The court has sentenced 38 of the 49 defendants to death. The remaining 11 convicts were sentenced to life in prison.
Ahmedabad Was Shaken By A Series Of Explosions
- Ahmedabad was rocked by 21 bomb blasts in 70 minutes on July 26, 2008. In these attacks, 56 people were killed and over 200 were injured.
- The police claimed that the attacks were carried out by members of the terrorist organization Indian Mujahideen in order to avenge the 2002 Gujarat riots (Godhra massacre), in which many members of the minority community were killed.
The Trial Began With 78 Defendants
- Several bombs were recovered from various areas of Surat by police a few days after the series of blasts in Ahmedabad.
- Following this, 20 FIRs were filed in Ahmedabad and 15 in Surat.
- The 78 defendants’ trial began in December 2009, after the judge amalgamated all 35 FIRs.
- Later, one of the defendants testified for the prosecution.
- In this case, four more people were later caught, but their trials have yet to begin.
- During the trial, the prosecution called 1,100 witnesses.
These Are The 38 People Who Have Been Sentenced To Death
1- Javed Qutbuddin Sheikh, Juhapura, Ahmedabad
2- Muhammad Rafiq Jeb Afridi, Juhapura, Ahmedabad
3- Tausif Khan, Juhapura, Ahmedabad
4- Samsuddin Sahabuddin Sheikh Dariyapur, Ahmedabad
5- Gyasuddin Abdul Halim Ansari, Gomtipur, Ahmedabad
6. Mohammed Arif Mohammad Iqbal Kagi, Shahpur, Ahmedabad
7-Yunus Muhammad Mansoori, Bapunagar, Ahmedabad
8- Javed Ahmed Sagir Ahmed Sheikh, Gomtipur, Ahmedabad
9- Muhammad Ismail, Gomtipur, Ahmedabad
10- Imran Ibrahim Sheikh, Wadi Taiwada, Vadodara
11- Iqbal Kasam Sheikh, Bhoiwada Naka, Vadodara
12- Qayamuddin Sarfuddin Kapadia, Vadodara
13 Muhammad Anees, Agarbatiwala, Wadi Taiwada, Vadodara
14- Mohammad Ghulam Khwaja Mansoori, Jambusar, Bharuch
15- Abbas Umar Sameja, Camp Area, Bhuj Uttar Pradesh
16- Mufti Abubashar Sheikh, Village- Binapura, District- Azamgarh
17- Saifur Rahman, District- Azamgarh
18- Muhammad Arif Naseem Ahmed Mirza, Village-Sanjarpur, Thana-Saraimer Azamgarh
19- Muhammad Rahul Sadaba Ahmed, Village-Sanjarpur, District Azamgarh
20- Zeeshan Ahmed Sheikh, House No. 311, Bajbahadur Mohalla, Azamgarh
21- Jiyaur Rehman Teli, Agwanpur, Police Station Parikshitgarh, District Meerut
22- Muhammad Shakeel Luhar, Village-Loharka, Aurangabad, District-Bulandshahr
23- Muhammad Tanveer, Nazimabad, Pathanpura, Bijnor
24- Kamaruddin Chand Mehmad Nagori, Thana Mahakal, Ujjain
25- Amil Parwaz Qazi Sheikh, Thana Unvel, Ujjain
26- Safdar Husan Nagori, Thana Mahidpur, Ujjain
27- Amen Neezer Sheikh, Indore, 28- Muhammad Mobin, Indore
29- Afzal Afsar Mutlib Usmani, Shivajinagar, Mumbai-4
30- Muhammad Arif, Mumbai
31- Asafi Bashruddin Sheikh, Pune
32- Muhammad Akbar, Pune
33- Fazle Ramhman, Pune
34- Hafi Hussain, Bijapur
35- Ahmed Bawa, Karnataka Kerala
36- Sibley Sabit Abdul Karim, Ivatupetta,
37 – Saduli Karim, Kerala
38- Sarfuddin, Badlaguha, Hyderabad
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.