Minister of State for Home Nityanand Rai told the Lok Sabha that only two persons from outside Jammu and Kashmir have so far bought properties in the Union Territories. He gave this big information quoting the Jammu and Kashmir government in a written reply to a question on Tuesday.
Now outsiders or the government are not facing any kind of difficult procedures in buying land in Jammu and Kashmir. Here on August 5, 2019, Article 370 and 35-A of the Constitution, which gave special rights, were abolished.
Know its six important reasons
- When new land purchase laws were made in Jammu and Kashmir after the abrogation of Article 370, it was strongly opposed by most of the people in Jammu and Kashmir.
- The new laws state that people from outside J&K still cannot buy agricultural land.
- The law and order situation in Jammu and Kashmir has not improved as per the expectations of the Central Government. The situation is particularly worrying in Kashmir. Nobody wants to buy property in disturbed areas.
- Industrialists are not inclined to invest in J&K as they do not see any benefit there.
- Fear of terrorism and uncertainty in Kashmir is being said to be the major reason for this.
- Even due to the coronavirus pandemic and the lockdown, people are not going to the valley yet.
What did State Home Minister say in previous days?
In a typed reply to a question, the Minister of State for Home said that this state is affected by cross border and by age. As of 5 August 2019, there was 5886 security personnel in the situation after it was implemented in 1989.
The Minister of State for Home had informed that as per the report of the National Crime Records Bureau (NCRB), the number of cases registered under UAPA was 901 in the year 2017, which has increased to 1226 in the year 2019. Apart from this, the number of people arrested was 1554 in the year 2017, which has increased to 1948 in the year 2019.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.