- The Veteran Music Composer Vanraj Bhatia Passes Away At the Age of 94. He was best known for his work in the new wave of Indian Cinema.
- He was battling with poor health and was financial Crisis as well. He was also one of the leading composers of western classical music in India.
- According to a Former colleague, He died in Mumbai After a Brief Illness.
Shocked to learn about the passing away of Vanraj Bhatia. Wagle ki Duniya , Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, he leaves behind countless memories in his scores. My condolences to his loved ones & fans. ॐ शान्ति 🙏
— Smriti Z Irani (@smritiirani) May 7, 2021
- He also scored the music for Shyam Benegal classics like Ankur and Bhumika and TV series Yatra and Bharat Ek Khoj (Discovery of India) lived alone at his apartment at the Rungta Housing Colony on Napean Sea Road.
- He was also the National Award Winner. After graduating from the Elphinstone College here, he trained in western classical music in London and Paris.
RIP Maestro. https://t.co/p736ggltdW
— Hansal Mehta (@mehtahansal) May 7, 2021
- Reacting to the news, filmmaker Hansal Mehta retweeted a post, writing, “RIP Maestro.” Actor-politician Smriti Irani expressed shock at the news and paid her respect to the musician with a tweet. “Shocked to learn about the passing away of Vanraj Bhatia. Wagle ki Duniya, Jaane Bhi Do Yaaron, leaves behind countless memories in his scores. My condolences to his loved ones & fans. ॐ शान्ति 🙏,” she wrote.
- IPRS, headed by veteran screenwriter Javed Akhtar, stepped in for help after the news.
- In a statement, the lyricist said, “We always strive to help our music fraternity through all available means whenever needed. The moment we came to know about the ill-health of our composer friend Vanraj Bhatia, we immediately released from our funds for his aid.”
- “Going forward, we are looking into long-term plans to ensure financial and other stability to IPRS members. Authors and composers in India must join IPRS and register their works with IPRS. IPRS can provide them security and long-term financial stability as their right,” Akhtar added.
- He received India’s fourth-highest civilian honor, the Padma Shri in 2012.
She is integral to optimizing the content. she is very determined in writing new content and its publication itself. currently, She is a student at the University of Delhi.