Omicron Virus India: Amidst the threat of Omicron, Corona cases have started scaring once again. The Health Ministry released the figures on Thursday, which said that 7,974 cases of corona infection were reported in the last 24 hours, which is 14.2 percent more than yesterday.
At the same time, 343 people have also died during this period, which is 96 more than the figure released yesterday. However, during this time 7,948 people also became healthy. According to the Ministry of Health, there are now a total of 87,245 active patients left in the country.
A total of 3,41,54,879 people have become healthy in the country so far. On the other hand, if we talk about the total number of dead, then it has increased to 4,76, 478. A total of more than 135 crore doses of vaccine have been given in the country so far.
Situation arising out of Omicron cases to be reviewed during Short Duration Discussion in Parliament, today
— ANI (@ANI) December 15, 2021
Highest Number Of Omicron Cases In Maharashtra
- On Wednesday, four new Omicron-infected patients were spotted. 2 of them are from Osmanabad, 1 from Mumbai, and 1 from Buldhana.
- The total number of omicron cases in Maharashtra is 32, with 13 infections reported from Mumbai alone.
- The Maharashtra Health Department reports that 25 cases have been discharged following a negative RT PCR test.
Kerala Has The Highest Number Of Corona Cases In The Country
Among the total 4 cases reported, 2 are the people who've come into contact with the 1st positive case which was reported in Kochi. 3rd person is from Ernakulam who'd come from Congo. 4th case has been reported from Thiruvananthapuram, who'd come from UK: Kerala Health Minister pic.twitter.com/9U6NSzpOqS
— ANI (@ANI) December 15, 2021
- In the last 24 hours, 4006 cases of corona have been reported in Kerala and 125 people have died.
- Kerala is witnessing an increase of over 2000 cases in a span of two days.
- Yesterday five cases of Omicron were also reported in Kerala, which is scaring others.
Omicron Virus India: State Wise Count
|Union Territories of Delhi||6|
The Rich Countries Of The World Are Again Stockpiling Vaccines
- The Omicron variant of Corona is becoming a new problem for the world. Gavi, the world’s largest international vaccine-friendly body, has said the Omicron format could lead to inequality.
- With the new form of the virus, the rich countries of the world are again stockpiling vaccines and stopping the donation process, which can worsen the situation in developing countries.
- Gavi’s Chief Executive Dr. Seth Berkeley said that after Omicron Swarup’s knock, the system of supplying vaccines to Gavi from rich countries faltered.
- Some countries are in panic after Omicron’s knock. In such a situation, the system of vaccination in economically weaker countries is bound to be derailed.
Countries Are Afraid To Donate Vaccines
- Dr. Berkeley said that we are seeing that donors are now increasingly shying away from donating the vaccine.
- It is possible that they are afraid of supplying the vaccine due to uncertain times.
- The biggest difficulty will be when a new vaccine is needed to avoid this form of the virus.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.