Lakshmi Puja is the main festival for the people of Hinduism. According to the Hindu calendar, on (Dark Fortnight) Lakshmi Puja falls, Which is Amavasya of Krishna Paksha in the Vikram Samvat. On that day puja is performed in Diwali. It is also called Kojagari Laxmi Puja or Bengali Lakshmi Puja.
You may notice Lakshmi Puja before and after Diwali in parts of India and Nepal. However, Maa Laxmi for wealth and prosperity is worshipped on this day.
It is celebrated with full joy on the first week of Hindu New Year. To welcome Goddess Lakshmi devotees clean their house, decorate them with candles – diya, and light their house. They prepare sweets and distribute them to others. It is believed that worshipping Goddess Lakshmi will bring health, wealth, and prosperity to the family.
Purchasing new clothes, jewelry, and other items on this day is considered to be the luckiest day for shopping. That’s why devotees eagerly wait for Diwali for shopping heavy items like Jewelry, Cars/Bikes, etc.
Lakshmi Puja 2021: Date
Lakshmi Puja this year will be celebrated on 4th November 2021.
Lakshmi Puja 2021: Timings
Amavasya Tithi Timings for Lakshmi Puja this year will start from 06:05 Pm on 4th November and will end on 02:45 Pm on 5th November.
Lakshmi Puja: Significance
- This puja is done for prosperity and wealth. Also, for promotion, successful life, etc.
- This puja is performed to remove obstacles in the path, before beginning a new business, joining an office, etc.
- Goddess Lakshmi and Lord Ganesha are worshipped on this day because they are symbols of auspiciousness, luck, wealth, and wisdom.
- Lord Ganesha is the destroyer of evils. Devotees worship him to remove obstacles from their path and bless them with prosperity and wealth. “Wealth not only signifies more money but it also means seeking more knowledge, skills, and talent.”
- Lord Ganesha is worshipped who is considered to be the God of knowledge, wisdom, health, education. That’s why he is worshipped before any puja rituals or starting new work.
Lakshmi Puja: Items List
16 Things required for Puja are mentioned below-
- New Roli.
- Akshat (Raw full-grain rice uncooked).
- Puja ki Thali or a new utensil.
- Flower Garland “Malla of flowers”.
- Dhoop is necessary for puja.
- The scent.
- For puja, a Photo or Idol of Goddess Lakshmi with Lord Ganesha and Goddess Saraswati is required.
- A Red cloth you must need.
- A Chowki “depends on you”.
- Supari is a neccasry time for puja.
- Coriander seeds must be needed.
- Cotton seeds are required.
- Lotus Flower Seeds required for Lakshmi puja.
- Dry whole Turmeric for Tilka is required.
- Silver coins and Sweets are offered to Goddess Laksmi and Lord Ganesha.
- Some new notes were offered to Ma Lakshmi and others.
How To Celebrate Lakshmi Puja?
Laksmi Puja rituals have immense importance for devotees. The traditions and rituals for puja starts from the morning-
- Devotees get up early in the morning, clean the house, start preparation, to welcome goddess Lakshmi in the home.
- On the day of Amavasya, Laksmi Puja falls every year.
- Some people even perform Shradh on that day and remember their ancestors and take the blessings.
- However, the decoration and cleaning of the home start many days before Lakshmi Puja. But Devotees on Diwali make Rangoli, light Diya, and Candles, Light their house with colorful lights, etc.
- Decoration of houses during Diwali is done through Manago- Ashoka- Banana- Leaves and Marigold Flowers.
- Rangoli is made at the entrance gate of the house. However, two Manglik Kalash were covered by coconut after removing the outer layer, placed in the middle of the entrance. This is considered auspicious according to Hindusim.
- Maa Lakshmi Paduka from the entrance of the house to the inside of the house is placed.
- In the evening Devotees worship Goddess Lakshmi, Lord Ganesha, Lord Vishnu and offer them, sweets.
- The Gate of the house remains open. It is believed that Goddess Laksmi comes to the house, so people open their gates for welcoming her.
- People while worshiping them open the locker of their almirah. So that Goddes Lakshmi can shower them with wealth and prosperity.
- Devotees after all the rituals take the blessings of Maa Lakshmi.
- After worshipping them Devotees prepare tasty foods and distribute sweets with friends and relatives.
- In the end, crackers and pataakha were burst.
Lakshmi Puja: Benefits
- According to beliefs, If you are having any financial issues the puja will remove them.
- All the obstacles and hurdles coming between your career or business will be removed.
- Helps you with all the risky decisions of your life.
- Laksmi Puja will give your more power, prosperity in life.
- Also, this puja will bless you with beauty and intelligence in life.
Lakshmi Puja: Precautions
- Avoid eating non-veg and consuming alcohol during puja.
- Stay concentrated during puja. That will give you more benefits.
Lakshmi Puja: Mantra
- For financial benefit, chant this: Om Shreem Maha Lakshmiyei Namaha
- For overall abundance, chant this: Om Hreem Shreem Kleem Maha Lakshmi Namaha
- For greater happiness, chant this: Om Shreem Shree-aee Namaha
- For overall spiritual growth, chant this: Om Maha Deyvicha Vidmahay; Vishnu Patnicha Deemahee; Thanno Lakshmi Prachodayat
Lakshmi Puja: Aarti
Om Jai Lakshmi Mata,Maiya Jai Lakshmi Mata।
Tumako Nishidin Sevat,Hari Vishnu Vidhata॥
Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Uma Rama Brahmani,Tum Hi Jag-Mata।
Surya-Chandrama DhyavatNaarad Rishi Gata॥Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Durga Roop Niranjani,Sukh Sampatti Data।
Jo Koi Tumako Dhyavat,Riddhi-Siddhi Dhan Pata॥Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Tum Patal-Nivasini,Tum Hi Shubhdata।
Karma-Prabhav-Prakashini,Bhavanidhi Ki Trata॥Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Jis Ghar Mein Tum Rahti,Sab Sadgun Aata।
Sab Sambhav Ho Jata,Man Nahi Ghabrata॥Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Tum Bin Yagya Na Hote,Vastra Na Koi Pata।
Khan-Pan Ka Vaibhav,Sab Tumase Aata॥Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Shubh-Gun Mandir Sundar,Kshirodadhi-Jata।
Ratna Chaturdash Tum Bin,Koi Nahi Pata॥Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Mahalakshmi Ji Ki Aarti,Jo Koi Jan Gata।
Ur Anand Samata,Paap Utar Jata॥Om Jai Lakshmi Mata॥
Lakshmi Puja: Wishes
Wish you a happy Lakshmi Poojan
May your friends and family be always near Maa Lakshmi. She will take care of each problem and every fear.
Have a great Lakshmi Poojan…
Mithaai, Namkeen, Patakein aur Diye, Diwali ki sunahari raat aayi hai
Lakshmi Poojan mein leen ho jaaye, Aaj ek saal baad roshni aayi hai.
Happy Lakshmi Poojan…
May Maa bless you with happiness all the year through! Wish you a Happy Lakshmi Puja 2021…
Be kind and good to everyone, Stay blessed and make life worth
Wish you a Happy Lakshmi Puja…
Maa Lakshmi is sending your way, Happiness, and prosperity this day
Pray, worship, and be with the divine, and everything will, just be fine.
Happy Lakshmi Poojan…
May Maa Lakshmi bless you with happiness all the year through!
Wishing you a happy Laxmi Puja…
Fortunate is the one, Who has learned to admire, But not to envy.
Good wishes for a joyous Laxmi Puja,
With plenty of peace and prosperity…
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.