Karwa Chauth 2021: Karwa Chauth fasting has special significance in Hinduism. During Karwa Chauth the married couples keep fast for the happiness of their married life and for the long life of their husband and nowadays means are also fasting in Karwa Chauth for the long life of their wives. Women are eagerly waiting for this fast.
During this fast which lasts for several hours, when married women worship, they pray for the long life of their husbands. Karwa Chauth 2021 date will fall on 24 October according to the Hindu calendar. Karwa Chauth is considered to be the most difficult fast as compare to others.
This fast is kept waterless throughout the day. Women do not even take water during Karwa Chauth fast. In this, the fast is broken after the moon sighting. It is believed that by observing Karwa Chauth fasting, the husband gets a long life and married life remains happy. This year, special coincidences are being made on Karwa Chauth 2021, which are increasing the importance of this fast.
Karwa Chauth 2021: Auspicious Timing For Puja
- According to the Hindu calendar, the Chaturthi Tithi of Kartik month will start at 03:01 am on Sunday, October 24, 2021, which will remain at 05:43 am on October 25, 2021.
- In such a situation, the auspicious time of worship of Karwa Chauth will be from 05.43 pm to 06.59 pm on October 24.
Karwa Chauth 2021: Moon Timing
- On Karwa Chauth i.e. on October 24, the moon will emerge at 08:07 in the night.
- After the sighting of the moon, the fasting women will break the fast by water eclipse tomorrow.
Karwa Chauth 2021: Special Coincidence in 2021
- This year a special coincidence is being made on Karwa Chauth. According to the Hindu calendar, the moon of Karwa Chauth will emerge in Rohini Nakshatra.
- According to religious beliefs, fasting in this nakshatra is considered very auspicious. It is believed that moon sighting in this nakshatra gives desired results.
Karwa Chauth Significance
- Karwa Chauth falls on Krishna Paksha according to Hindu Calander.
- This is one of the important festivals for Hindu Women where they wake up early in the morning and start fasting for their husband’s long life.
- This day shares a strong bond between Husbands and Wifes.
Karwa Chauth Story
- According to Hindu belief, the Karwa Chauth festival is a kind of Sanatan festival. There is a story behind it that Goddess Parvati observed this fast to get her husband, Lord Shiva.
- There is another story behind Karwa Chauth that Hundreds of thousands of years ago when soldiers lived several months away from home for war, their wives kept this fast and prayed for the long life of their husbands.
- Along with this, it is also believed that when business husbands used to travel to other states/countries in connection with business, their wives used to keep this hard fast and wish for their husband’s long life.
- There is also a mythological story behind the Karwa Chauth festival. It is said that when a fierce war started between the gods and the gods, at the behest of Lord Brahma, the wives of the gods kept the fast of Karwa Chauth. After this, the fast of Karwa Chauth started being celebrated.
Karwa Chauth Puja Method
This is the basic method that Women’s follows during Karwa Chauth Fast-
- Women on Karwa Chauth wake early in the morning and take baths.
- After bathing they clean the temple and light the flame placed in the “Puja Thali”.
- Then they worship the Gods and Goddesses.
- After that, they took a vow of Nirjala fast.
- On the occasion of Karwa Chauth Lord Shiva and their family is worshiped.
- At first, Lord Ganesha is worshiped.
- According to Hindu Beliefs, Lord Ganesha is worshiped at first before any auspicious work.
- Mata Parvati, Lord Shiva, and Lord Kartikeya are worshipped after.
- In Karwa Chauth fasting, Moon is worshipped with rituals.
- After seeing the moon woman through a sieve looks their husband.
- After the hole, the husband offers water to the wives and broke the fast.
Karwa Chauth History
There are 3 Stories related to Karwa Chauth-
1-Story of Queen Veeravati
- A long time ago there was a Queen named Queen Veeravati, she was so beautiful and was the only sister of her 7 loving and caring brothers.
- In one of the Karwa Chauth, she decided to took a strict fast when she was at her parent’s house.
- After the fast in the evening, she was waiting for the Moon so eagerly because she was fasting and suffering from hunger and thirst so badly.
- Her loving brothers see her only sister in this condition feel fad for her.
- So they decided to create a Mirror in Pipal Tree that created an illusion that looks like the Moon is up in the sky.
- After seeing the moon created by her brothers Veeravati broke her fast.
- Just after booking her fast the news of her husband is dead comes out.
- She kept crying and then a goddess appeared and revealed that her brothers had betrayed her.
- Now, she kept the fast of Karwa Kahuth with full devotion and upon seeing the dedication, Yama, the lord of death, restored life to her husband.
2- Story from Mahabharata
- It is the belief that Draupadi in Mahabharata also took Karwa Chauth fast.
- One day Arjuna whom Draupadi love the most all went to the Nilgiri Mountains for self-punishment because of that all the brothers of Arjuna were facing challenges and obstacles without him.
- Draupadi was so in trouble at that time she remembered Lord Krishna at that movement and ask what should she do at that point in time.
- Lord Krishna at that time narrated the story of Goddess Parvati where when she was in that same situation she performs the rituals of Karwa Chauth.
- After that Draupadi perform Karwa Chauth rituals.
- Draupadi was fasting for Karwa Chauth after completing her rituals the problems of Pandavas are solved.
3- Story of Karwa
- Once there was a woman named Karwa and she was so much in love with her husband and loyal too to her.
- Her love and loyalty towards her husband gave her some spiritual powers.
- One day her husband was taking a bath in the river at that time he was attacked by a crocodile.
- Karwa her wife seeing her husband in trouble tied the crocodile with a cotton thread and remembered Yama, the God of death.
- Yama the God of death seriously afraid and fear of such a devoted and adoring wife Karwa because that Yama sent the crocodile to hell and gave life back to her husband.
- Yes, you assume right we are talking about Savitri and Satyavan’s story.
- It is believed that when the God of death Yama comes to take the life of Satyavan who was attacked by the crocodile Savatri her wife begged in front of Yama to grant him life again.
- But Yama was refusing to change his mind after that Savatri stop eating and drinking anything and followed Yama because Yama took his husband Satyavan away.
- Yama after seeing Savatri in such a situation tells her that she could ask any boon from him except the life of his husband.
- But Savatri was so clever she asked Yama that she wants her own children.
- She is a devoted and faithful wife and will not allow adultery of any kind.
- Thus, Yama had to restore Satyavan’s life so that Savitri could have children.
Karwa Chauth 2021: Rahu Kaal
- According to Hindu Panchnag this year Rahul Kaal on Karwa Chauth will begin from 04:18 Pm on 24 October 2021 and will end at 05:43 Pm.
- The Moon on 24 October will be in Taurus.
Karwa Chauth Wishes
- Marriage is always a two ways path on which one soul and two hearts travel. Karwa Chauth makes this journey more beautiful and interesting… Happy Karwa Chauth.
- May you be given a thousand-thousand years of age, if you come, then bring you thousand of happiness, every year we celebrate this festival, fill our arms with happiness. Hearty congratulations on Karwa Chauth.
- Keep the dots on the forehead shining, keep the chiggers in your hands, keep your anklets swaying, keep decorating your love with Piya, Happy Karwa Chauth 2021.
- I have done the holy fast of Karwa Chauth for you because your love and respect have given a new color to life. Happy Karwa Chauth.
- I will perform every ritual of this fast, I will show myself as a true wife. Every happiness in the world will be of my husband When the moon’s rays will be seen by tearing the clouds. Hearty congratulations on Karwa Chauth.
- As long as you don’t see the face you can be successful, this festival is ours, come soon, show your face, and make Karwa Chauth successful, our Happy Karwa Chauth 2021.
- With these winds this decree has been sent Salute is sent with the rays of the sun First of all happy Karwa Chauth we have sent you this message… Happy Karwa Chauth 2021.
- I have kept a fast with just one sweet wish, may you have a long life, and may we be with each other in every birth…Happy Karwa Chauth 2021.
- The secret to a happy married life is finding the right person. You know they’re right if you choose to be with them all the time. You are lucky to have the right woman.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.