The Uniform Civil Code has been a topic of discussion in the country for a long time, the Delhi High Court has made an important comment about it. Giving a verdict in a divorce case, the court said that Uniform Civil Code is necessary for the country.
- Justice Pratibha M. Singh in his judgment said that today’s India has risen above religion, caste, community.
- In modern India, the barriers of religion and caste are also ending. Due to this change, problems are also coming in marriage and divorce.
- It is not right that today’s young generation is facing these problems. For this reason, UCC should be implemented in the country.
- During the hearing, the court said that the Uniform Civil Code, which is expected in Article 44, should now be converted into reality.
- The High Court also said in its decision that this decision should be sent to the Union Law Ministry so that it can consider it.
The Delhi High Court backs the need for a Uniform Civil Code (UCC) observing that "there is the need for a Code – ‘common to all' in the country and asked the Centre government to take the necessary steps in this matter."
— ANI (@ANI) July 9, 2021
This was the whole matter why Uniform Civil Code become an Important factor for the Country
When the court was hearing a divorce case, the question arose before it whether the decision on divorce should be given according to the Hindu Marriage Act or under the rules of the Meena tribe.
In this case, the husband wanted a divorce as per the Hindu Marriage Act, while the wife wanted her to come from the Meena tribe, then divorce accordingly as the Hindu Marriage Act does not apply to her. Therefore, she wanted the divorce petition filed by the husband in the family court to be rejected. After this petition of the wife, the husband filed a petition against her argument in the High Court. The High Court allowed the appeal of the husband and felt the need to implement the UCC and said the above things.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.