Key Points –
- The complete lockdown has been imposed in Kerala from May 8 to 16 as the rising covid cases. the Kerala government has decided to impose a week lockdown in the state for a while on Thursday.
- The state had also followed some strict restrictions earlier than high covid cases all across the nation.
- Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan said that more stringent measures will be imposed to curb the surge because of the rise in the cases. He noted that the state is going through a very serious situation and steps will be taken to convert lodges and hostels as Covid First-Line Treatment Centres (CFLTCs).
- A tweet has been posted by the Chief Minister of Kerala that “Several government agencies like Consumerfed and Supply, political parties, NGOs, Overseas Malayalee Associations registered abroad and private agencies will now be allowed to function as relief agencies.
As directed by the CM, the entire State of Kerala will be under lockdown from 6am on 8 May to 16 May. This is in the background of a strong 2nd wave of #COVID19.
— CMO Kerala (@CMOKerala) May 6, 2021
- Several government agencies like Consumerfed and Supply, political parties, NGOs, Overseas Malayalee Associations registered abroad and private agencies will now be allowed to function as relief agencies.
- Although as according to the state’s health department, more than 41,953 Covid-19 positive cases were reported in the last 24 hours. Active cases now stood at 3,75,658 in the state, while the test positivity rate (TPR) was 25.69.
Lockdown to be imposed in the state from 6 am on May 8 to May 16, in wake of the surge in COVID-19 cases in the second wave: Kerala CM Pinarayi Vijayan
(file photo) pic.twitter.com/16N1wY47It
— ANI (@ANI) May 6, 2021
What will be Open?
- The essential services will be open on the state premises.
- The bank Services will function till 2 PM.
- Government officers and state emergency services will be open with the strict covid headlines only.
- Although there will be no restriction on the people who travel by air or by train itself.
However, the Kerala Government on Wednesday decided to take this step seriously and intend to tackle the situation with the Doctors and nurses.
She is integral to optimizing the content. she is very determined in writing new content and its publication itself. currently, She is a student at the University of Delhi.