Chaitra Navratri is also known as Vasant Navratri and it is one of the most significant festivals and is observed on the first day of the Hindu New Year.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi also wished people on Chaitra Navratri on Monday.
नवरात्रि की बहुत-बहुत शुभकामनाएं… pic.twitter.com/xc0E1A1BKI
— Narendra Modi (@narendramodi) April 13, 2021
What’s the Significance/Importance of Chaitra Navratri 2021?
- Devotees worship the goddess Durga and her nine forms that seek protection from evil and happiness. The other Navaratri is celebrated in the autumn season and is popular as Sharad Navaratri.
- Chaitra Navaratri is celebrated during the full moon phase, which is called Shukla Paksha Charan.
- Devotees call the nine forms of Goddess Durga and each day is considered auspicious. The rituals also vary on each of these days.
- In different parts of the country, Chaitra Navaratri is known by different names. In Maharashtra, the first day of Chaitra Navratri is known as Gudi Padwa, while in Kashmir, Chaitra Navratri is known as Navreh.
- Even though the names vary across the country, the festival is celebrated with the same enthusiasm and joy.
Here are Nine Auspicious days of Chaitra Navratri 2021
Chaitra Navratri Day 1–
- April 13, 2021 (Tuesday) Pratipada
- Color of the day – Red
Chaitra Navratri Day 2–
- April 14, 2021 (Wednesday) Dwitiya
- Color of the day – Royal Blue
Chaitra Navratri Day 3–
- April 15, 2021 (Thursday) Tritiya
- Color of the day – Yellow
Chaitra Navratri Day 4–
- April 16, 2021 (Friday) Chaturthi
- Color of the day – Green
Chaitra Navratri Day 5–
- April 17, 2021 (Saturday) Panchami
- Color of the day – Grey
Chaitra Navratri Day 6-
- April 18, 2021 (Sunday) Shasthi
- Color of the day – Orange
Chaitra Navratri Day 7–
- April 19, 2021 (Monday) Saptami
- Color of the day – White
Chaitra Navratri Day 8–
- April 20, 2021 (Tuesday) Ashtami
- Color of the day – Pink
Chaitra Navratri Day 9–
- April 21, 2021 (Wednesday) Rama Navami
- Color of the day – Sky Blue
The reason why we didn’t Eat Onion and Garlic During Navratri?
Scientific story related Onion and Garlic
- Vengeful (तामसिक गुण) properties found in garlic and onion.
- Fasting of Navratri is considered important for the purification of mind and spiritual progress. Therefore, consumption of garlic onion is prohibited during the nine days of Navratri, as it is a food item of tamasic nature.
- Consumption of these leads to an increase in ignorance and lust.
- Also, since garlic and onions grow under the ground and many microorganisms die in their cleaning, eating them during fasting is also not considered auspicious.
Mythological story related to garlic and onion
- According to the story a demon named Swarabhanu had taken Amrit from deception by sitting among the gods after Samudra Manthan.
- When Lord Vishnu, in the form of Mohini, came to know about this, he by his Chakra separated Swarbhanu’s head from his torso.
- The head and torso of Swarabhanu are called Rahu-Ketu.
- After the head was cut, a few drops of Amrit fell on Earth from the head and torso of Swarabhanu and from which garlic-onion originated.
- Garlic-onion was born with drops of Amrit, so both of them prove effective in eradicating diseases. But it has originated through the mouth of the demon, so it is considered unholy and it is forbidden to offer it to the Lord.
- Along with this, it is considered taboo during fasting.
Nine Avatars of Goddess Durga
Navratri 2021 Quotes| Wishes| Shyari
सारा जहां है जिसकी शरण में,
नमन है उस मां के चरण में,
हम हैं उस मां के चरणों की धूल,
आओ मिलकर मां को चढ़ाएं श्रद्धा के फूल!
Maa Durga ka sada rahe ashirvad; dhan, samridhi, sukh aur kamiyabi ka de aapko aashirvad; Navrati ki nau raatein roshan kar dein aapka Jeevan; Navratri ki shubh kamnayein!
हमको था इंतजार वो घड़ी आ गई…
होकर सिंह पर सवार माता रानी आ गई…
होगी अब मन की हर मुराद पूरी…
भरने सारे दुःख माता अपने द्वार आ गई
नवरात्रि की शुभकामनाएं
कुमकुम भरे कदमों से आए माँ दुर्गा आपके द्वार,
सुख संपत्ति मिले आपको अपार,
मेरी ओर से नवरात्रि की शुभकामनाएं करें स्वीकार
I wish Goddess Durga removes your all troubles and sorrows, brings nine colors of happiness in your life and all your wishes come true. Happy Chaitra Navratri
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.