- The most senior communist leader of Kerala’s Iron lady, the Architect of land reforms, and the oldest MLA of the state KR Gauri Amma has passed away at the age of 102.
- She was the longest-serving MLA and Former Minister of the State. Although she was the founding communist Movement’s leader in Kerala.
- She has also served as the first revenue minister of the communist ministry of state in 1957.
- She passed away at PRS Hospital in Thiruvananthapuram at the age of 102.
- She was the driving force behind the historic Land Reforms Bill in Kerala. She had won 13 assembly elections, out of the total 17 contested.
- Born on 14 July 1919 in the sleepy Pattanakkad village of coastal Alappuzha to KA Ramanan and Parvathy Amma, Gowri was attracted to politics at a young age.
- Therefore, Gouri Amma was admitted to the hospital in April due to a fever caused by a viral infection. Her condition turned critical a week ago and she was shifted to the Intensive Care Unit.
- However, She was the first woman lawyer from the Ezhava community, categorized as Other Backward Class (OBC) in the state.
Also read – CBSE Launches ” Dost For Life” Mobile App For Students
- Moreover, She had celebrated her 101st birthday in June 2019 and various politicians, including Chief Minister Pinarayi Vijayan, had flocked to her residence in Alappuzha to greet her.
She is integral to optimizing the content. she is very determined in writing new content and its publication itself. currently, She is a student at the University of Delhi.