- World Tuberculosis Day 2021 is celebrated on the 24th of march Every year to spread health awareness from devastating implementations of tuberculosis.
- This day was initiated to end up the TB epidemic. Even though, In 1882 when Dr. Robert Koch announced that he had discovered the bacterium that causes TB, which opened the way towards diagnosing and curing this disease.
- However, In the contemporary world, TB remains the deadliest killer in the world.
- Therefore, the Global Effort towards TB leads to saving 63 million lives since the year 2000.
- Although the Theme of world TB Day 2021 – “The Clock is tickling”, which conveys that we are running out of time to act the commitments of global leaders.
“The biggest disease today is not leprosy or tuberculosis, but rather the feeling of being unwanted.”
– Mother Teresa
- According to the WHO (world health organization), Tuberculosis is caused by the bacillus mycobacteria. This is an airborne disease, which spread coming in contact with other peoples. TB mainly affects the lungs of people and their immune system itself.
- However, the situation has been worsened due to the COVID – 19 pandemic since March 2020 In India.