- March 23th 2021 Marked the death anniversary of freedom fighters such as Shaheed Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev.
- The Shaheed Diwas or Martyrs’ Day is observed on 23rd march every year. People pay rich tributes to freedom fighters who sacrificed their lives for India’s freedom from British rule.
- These three young freedom fighters (Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar, and Shivaram Rajguru) Were hanged for death on 23rd March 1931by the British government.
On #ShaheedDiwas, we honour revolutionary freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev Thapar & Shivaram Rajguru who sacrificed their lives fighting against tyranny & despotism, oppression & discrimination. We salute their valour and draw inspiration from them everyday. Jai Hind! pic.twitter.com/8SYQI6z1PD
— Congress (@INCIndia) March 23, 2021
- Afterward, In The Lala Lajpat Rai’s death in November 1928, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, Sukhdev, and other freedom fighters were vowed to take revenge. Rai was a tall leader of India’s freedom movement.
- furthermore, India has commemorated March 23 as Shaheed Diwas. As they sacrificed their lives for the nation and inspired the young youth.
- Bhagat Singh and Sukhdev were just 23-year-old when they were hanged to death. Rajguru was 22 years old.
- They wanted to kill James A Scott. Who was the Superintendent of Police in the British Raj.
- It was Scott who had ordered the police to lathi charge the protesters and personally assaulted Rai, causing severe injuries. They wanted to kill Scott to send a message to the British Raj.
- However, John P Saunders, an Assistant Superintendent of Police, was killed in a case of mistaken identity. They were charged with the murder of Saunders.
- Therefore, They were sentenced to death and ordered to be hanged on March 24, 1931. However, Bhagat Singh, Rajguru, and Sukhdev were hanged a day before on March 23 in Lahore Jail.
- Even though they are the source of inspiration for many in today’s world.