BMW M adds a highly special model to its line-up of high-performance sports vehicles in the premium midsize market with the introduction of a third body variation, the BMW M4 Competition Convertible with M xDrive. The new BMW M4 Competition Convertible will make its debut in July 2021, breaking new territory for the M brand as an open-top high-performance sports car with all-wheel drive. The new BMW M4 Competition Convertible for 2022 has characteristic M external characteristics, a six-cylinder in-line engine, an M xDrive all-wheel-drive, and a long list of driver support technologies.
- The 2022 BMW M4 Competition Convertible’s exterior design features the M-specific huge, vertical, frameless BMW kidney grille in the centre, huge cooling air intakes for the engine and brakes, sculpted wheel arches, unique M side gills, and quad-exhaust incorporated into an M-specific diffuser.
- Standard equipment includes full-LED headlights with U-shaped daytime driving light components. The BMW M4 Competition Convertible for 2022 features an extended profile and a new soft top design with a panel bow that is complemented by a retractable hardtop with a fabric hood.
According to BMW, the soft top is 40% lighter than the previous model’s roof and adds 80 litres to the cargo capacity. The soft top’s electric drive mechanism allows it to open or close in 18 seconds, even while driving. Every aspect of the appearance is unique to the M model, including the doors, soft top, boot lid, window surfaces, headlights, and tail lights.
- The new model’s outer length has increased by 122mm over the one it replaces, reaching 4,790mm. Its wheelbase has increased by 45mm to 2,857mm, and its width has increased by 17mm to 1,887mm, which is 17mm more than the previous model and 40mm more than the new BMW 4 Series Convertible.
- With the soft-top closed, the new BMW M4 Competition Convertible stands at 1,395mm tall. M light-alloy wheels measuring 19 inches in front and 20 inches in the back are standard on the 2022 BMW M4 Competition Convertible.
- The 2022 BMW M4 Competition Convertible features a gloss-black interior with M-specific features like M-specific controls, M-specific leather steering wheel with gearshift paddles, heated M Sport seats, and an illuminated “M4” emblem on the headrest.
- The cabin of the 2022 BMW M4 Competition Convertible is inspired by a race car and is elegantly styled with four distinct seats that can be individually modified according to the customers’ preferences, with heated M Carbon bucket seats with full electronic adjustment as an option.
A 3.0-litre straight-six engine with 510 horsepower and 650 Nm of peak torque powers the 2022 BMW M4 Competition Convertible, which is mated to an eight-speed M Steptronic transmission with Drivelogic as standard. The M xDrive system comes standard, dividing power between the front and back wheels when needed and always in an M-specific manner. The result is a high-intensity performance that blends M’s famous agility and precision with remarkable poise, especially when driving with the roof down.
The M-specific all-wheel-drive system improves the BMW M4 Competition Convertible’s everyday use and all-weather capabilities while also enhancing its track credentials. The new BMW M4 Competition Convertible with M xDrive accelerates from 0 to 100 kilometres per hour in 3.7 seconds and from a standstill to 200 kilometres per hour in 13.1 seconds. The M Driver’s Package raises the electronically regulated max speed from 250 to 280 kilometres per hour.
Keep reading the Daily News Capsule for more updated news.