The all-new BMW iX xDrive40 and new BMW iX xDrive50 will be available in showrooms by the end of 2021, according to AGMC, the official importer of BMW Group vehicles for Dubai, Sharjah, and the Northern Emirates.
- The active Sports Activity Vehicle (SAV) model is redefined with the BMW iX. It is the first model to be developed on a modern, flexible, scalable toolkit that will serve as the foundation for the BMW Group’s future.
- The BMW iX’s construction and production follow an all-encompassing approach to sustainability that includes stringent environmental and social criteria in raw material extraction, as well as the use of renewable energy and a high proportion of recycled materials in the mix.
The BMW iX marks the beginning of a new trend of versatility. It blends ground-breaking architecture and contemporary luxury with the most cutting-edge developments in highly automated driving, operation, networking, and digital services. The new technology flagship of the BMW Group focuses on both local emission-free driving pleasure – combined with the brand’s hallmark sporting ability, quality, and persuasive operating range – and an unwavering, integrated approach to sustainability implemented from the ground up.
- For a new driving experience, a new design was developed: The vehicle’s exterior design, which is clean and streamlined, demonstrates a modern type of versatility that is tailored to the needs of the vehicle’s occupants. Its interior provides passengers with novel ways to pass the time while travelling, while also providing comfort, protection, and a new level of luxury.
- Electric motors improve dynamism thereby lowering the use of essential materials: The excitation of the rotor in BMW iX motors is caused by the feed-in of electric energy rather than by fixed permanent magnets. This eliminates the need for the essential materials used in magnet manufacturing, and the BMW Group is no longer dependent on their supply. This unique configuration also improves the performance characteristics of the motors. Unlike traditional electric motors, the torque is sustained over a wide range of speeds. The BMW iX’s driving experience is defined by power production that is not only lightning quick but also unusually reliable, highlighting the car’s brand-typical sporting excellence.
- Enhanced range: The BMW iX’s electric motor, transmission, and control electronics are all housed in a single housing as a highly integrated kit. The performance of the drive mechanism is also aided by the compact design. Indeed, the BMW iX outperforms its segment in terms of performance, thanks to improved aerodynamics and intelligent lightweight design. The BMW iX xDrive50 uses less than 21 kWh per 100 kilometres (62 miles) on average in the WLTP cycle, while the BMW iX xDrive40 uses less than 20 kWh per 100 kilometres (62 miles).
Keep reading the Daily News Capsule for more updated news.