India- America taking over the US said the 46th US president Joe Biden on Thursday.
He added that a higher number of Indians are being selected in the administrative department of America.
In Less than 50 days after his presidency, Biden has assigned at least 55 Indian-Americans to key speech positions in his administration, from his speechwriter to NASA, in nearly every wing of the government.
The India-Americans are “taking over the country”, Biden said while speaking to Dr. Swati Mohan in a video conference call.
Dr. Mohan thanked Biden for interacting with them, but the President said he was honored to interact with the team.
This is an honor that Indian -Americans are taking over the country. You (Mohan), my Vice President (Kamala Harris), my speechwriter (Vinay Reddy) I tell you what. But thank you. You guys are incredible,” Biden told Dr. Swati Mohan.
President Joe Biden congratulated the NASA team responsible for the Mars rover landing, saying the successful mission helped bring back the American spirit after the nation’s reputation as a scientific leader took a hit during the coronavirus pandemic. https://t.co/DYEXG6yZdi
— The Associated Press (@AP) March 4, 2021
Key Feature of the Interactions-
- This is an incredible honor. Indian — of descent — Americans are taking over the country. You (Mohan), my Vice President (Kamala Harris), my speechwriter (Vinay Reddy) I tell you what. But thank you. You guys are incredible,” Biden told Dr. Mohan.
- Mohan, who skilfully landed the spacecraft, works at the National Aeronautics and Space Administration’s (NASA) Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL).
- She is one of the many Indian women scientists, engineers, and missile developers, who are leaving a trail for future generations.
- During the interaction, the President also spoke with Michael Watkins, Jet Propulsion Laboratory director, and lauded the NASA team for doing an “incredible job.”
- Over about 10 minutes, Biden poured and cast the landing as an important bright spot that has come at a rough time for the nation.
- We can land a rover on Mars, we can beat a pandemic and with science, hope, and vision, there’s not a damn thing we can’t do as a country,” Biden added.
- “In addition to those fantastical scenes of space, what captured my attention was this close-knit team which was working together, manipulating this technological marvel with the sole purpose of exploring space and understanding new things and seeking a new life,” Ms. Mohan told Mr. Biden during a virtual interaction.
Indian-American Women appointed by Biden-
- Uzra Zeya – Under Secretary of State for Civilian Security, Democracy, and Human Rights, State Department.
- Mala Adiga – Policy Director to Dr. Jill Biden.
- Aisha Shah – Partnership Manager, White House Office of Digital Strategy.
- Sameera Fazili – Deputy Director, US National Economic Council (NEC).
- Sumona Guha – Senior Director for South Asia at the National Security Council, White House.
- Sabrina Singh – Deputy Press Secretary, Vice President White House.
- Sonia Aggarwal – Senior Advisor for Climate Policy and Innovation; Office of Domestic Climate Policy, White House.
- Neha Gupta – Associate Counsel, Office of White House Counsel.
- Shanthi Kalathil – Coordinator for Democracy and Human Rights, National Security Council, White House.
- Garima Verma – Digital Director of the Office of the First Lady
- Reema Shah – Deputy Associate Counsel, Office of White House Counsel.
- Tanya Das – Appointed as Chief of Staff, Office of Science, Department of Energy.
- Shuchi Talati – Chief of Staff, Office of Fossil Energy, Department of Energy.
- Mini Timmaraju – senior adviser to the director, Office of Personnel Management.
- Sohini Chatterjee – Senior Policy Advisor US Mission to the United Nations.
- Aditi Gorur – Policy Advisor, US Mission to the United Nations
- Bhavya Lal – Acting Chief of Staff, NASA.
- Aruna Kalyanam – Deputy Assistant Secretary for Tax and Budget, Department of the Treasury.
- Dimple Chaudhary – Deputy General Counsel for Nationwide Resource Protection Programs, Environmental Protection Agency.
- Sharmistha Das – Deputy General Counsel, Department of Homeland Security.
- Ruchi Jain – Deputy Solicitor for General Law, Department of Interior.
- Meera Joshi – Acting Administrator, Federal Motor Carrier Administration, Department of Transportation.
President Biden congratulated the NASA team responsible for last month’s successful landing of the six-wheeled rover on Mars.
President Biden congratulated the NASA team responsible for last month’s successful landing of the six-wheeled rover on Mars and for giving the country a “dose of confidence” at a moment when the nation’s reputation as a scientific leader was compromised by the coronavirus epidemic.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule