On Sunday, the Railways had announced that it would run the “Oxygen Express” in the next few days to transport liquid medical oxygen and oxygen cylinders across the country.
Railways gears up to run Oxygen Express –
The Ro-Ro service, from Kalamboli, with 7 empty tankers moved to Visakhapatnam from where Liquid Medical Oxygen will be loaded.
— Ministry of Railways (@RailMinIndia) April 19, 2021
Major Key Points
- The Oxygen Express train of the Indian Railways with seven tankers left Kalamboli freight yard in Navi Mumbai. for Vizag on Monday where it would be loaded with medical oxygen for Maharashtra.
- A roll-on-rail-off (RoRo) train carrying seven empty tanker trucks on board left Kalamboli goods yard around 8 p.m. on Monday for Visakhapatnam after Transport Minister Anil Parab flagged it off.
About Oxygen Express
- Mumbai Division has constructed a ramp to facilitate loading/unloading of tankers to/from flat wagons at Kalamboli freight yard within 24 hours.
- The Ro-Ro service with 7 empty tankers at 8.05 hrs for the plant at Visakhapatnam Kamboli departed from the freight yard for siding. Today.
- The train will pass through the Vasai Road, Jalgaon, Nagpur, Raipur Junction to the Visakhapatnam Steel Plant, siding in the ECOR zone, where it will be loaded with liquid medical oxygen- Railway Ministry.
- Due to restrictions of the height of Road Over Bridges and over-head equipment at certain locations, the model of road tanker T-1618 with a height of 3,320 mm was found feasible to be placed on flat wagons (DBKM) with a height of 1,290 mm.
Also, read | Cabinet approves Amendments to Finance Bill 2021
Railway Minister Piyush Goyal Statement on Oxygen Express
- On Sunday, Railway Minister Piyush Goyal told ANI in an interview that the central government is building a green corridor for speedy movement of Oxygen Express trains to facilities for smooth transport of oxygen to the states.
- It has been decided to start transporting oxygen cylinders or tankers in trains.
- The cylinder has started to move. Green corridors will be introduced to ensure a fast supply of oxygen where these vehicles can reach their destinations at a fast speed.
- For the transportation of liquid oxygen, military wagons will be used to transport tankers of 3.3 meters high.
- These trains will not be stopped so that they can reach their destination at high speed and depending on the success we will increase the number of tankers he added.
In cases of spiral coronavirus in the country, the demand for medical oxygen in the country has gone through the roof.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.