Lockdown 2.0 has been announced in Maharashtra by the end of April according to the new guidelines of the government.
The increasing cases of covid-19 cases have made the CM Uddhav Thackeray impose lockdown-like conditions and limitations across the state from 8 pm as of Monday. And a complete lockdown on weekends has been announced.
As per the state government notifications issued on Sunday, all shops will be closed till the end of the month except essential services. Monday will be allowed to buy non-essential goods for this month. Eateries and restaurants will be open for takeaways and home delivery during day time.
Related article| lockdown in Maharashtra may strike again: Uddhav Thackeray
Here, night curfews will be imposed every day from 8 pm to 7 am. As to maintain social distancing, a gathering of more than 5 people will be prohibited on weekends. Consequently, any cultural, political, and religious functions will be restricted. Vaccinations will continue the whole week.
The state said that they will conduct board exams, but till then all schools, colleges, and coachings will remain closed.
As per the Maharashtra lockdown guidelines some essential services are exempted:-
- Hospitals and labs
- Pharmacies and other health clinics
- Grocery, foods, and vegetables
- Public transportation including taxis, buses, auto
- Good transportation and agricultural services
- E-commerce services
- Banking and insurance
- Mediclaim and telecommunication offices
And, Maharashtra lockdown guidelines have allowed the following essential services:-
- Private buses will be allowed from 7 am to 8 pm from Monday to Friday. During emergency conditions and essential services, duty from 8 pm to 7 am on weekends.
- Public transport will be allowed at 50% capacity. There will be only two passengers allowed in autos and taxis. Standing will be restricted in local buses and trains.
- Gyms, parlors, and salons will remain closed.
- Restaurants and bars that are part of the hotel will only remain open. While on weekdays, only home delivery services and takeaways will be allowed from 7 am to 8 pm.
- Movie theaters, malls, gardens, and playgrounds will remain close. Though, the movie shooting will be allowed at fewer crowded places.
- Construction sites, which have worker accommodation facilities will be allowed.
- A wedding is allowed with 50 participants and only 20 people at the funeral.
CM Uddhav Thackeray, call for a cabinet meeting to discuss the conditions of the covid-19 outbreak. The urgency was created after the state observed above 57,000 new cases. Which is the highest since the pandemic begins.
The deputy chief minister, Ajit Pawar, said after the meeting” the entire state has opposed the complete lockdown, but health experts cautioned as about the increasing number of covid cases. ” and stated the initiative as “break the chain”.
— CMO Maharashtra (@CMOMaharashtra) April 4, 2021
Thackeray, after talking to various industrialists and politicians allowed the industries to open without restrictions. no worker will be removed from work and contracts, so the economy should not be affected.
Any residential building will be marked as a “containment zone”, if more than 5 covid cases are observed, as per the new guidelines.
Anjali ved is a curious and enthusiastic writer with knowledge and experience of writing various blogs and articles related to health care. Apart from this, she is a certified pharmacist with 2 years of work experience in medicine. She feels is a responsibility to acknowledge the audience about the latest news about health.