Ukraine is a very beautiful and ancient country located in the eastern part of Europe. It is bordered by several countries, such as Russia to the east, Belarus, Poland, and Slovakia to the north, Hungary to the west, Romania and Moldova to the southwest, and the Black Sea and Azov Sea to the south.
The City of Beautiful Women
- Kyiv or Kiev is the capital of this country as well as the largest city here.
- A special thing related to Kyiv is that it is also called ‘The City of Beautiful Women’. There are many such interesting things related to Ukraine, knowing about which you will be surprised.
- Even though alcohol is considered wrong in many countries around the world, but drinking alcohol for the people here is no less than a tradition.
- If we look at the figures, here per capita alcohol is consumed at the rate of about 14 liters every year.
- Let us tell you that the world’s deepest railway station is located in Ukraine itself, which is known as ‘Arsenalna Metro Station’. This station is situated at a depth of 105.5 meters i.e. 346 feet from the ground.
- In most countries, the couple wears the ring on the left hand during the wedding, while this is not the case in Ukraine. The people here wear a ring on the right hand just on the contrary. This is one of the traditions here.
Ukraine Famine 1932-33
- In 1932-33, there was a severe famine in Ukraine (then Ukraine was part of the Soviet Union), in which millions of people died.
- It is said that during the famine there was so much hunger that only humans were eating human flesh. Because it was human flesh.” Hundreds were executed or killed by other villagers for cannibalism and about 2500 people were arrested for cannibalism.
- The origins of the famine lay in the decision by Soviet leader Joseph Stalin to collectivize agriculture in 1929.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule