- April 22nd, 2021 is celebrated as the 400th birth anniversary of Guru teg Bahadur every year. Guru teg Bahadur was the 9th Guru, who founded the Sikh religion in India. Although, SDPC cancels the big celebration this year due to a peak in covid cases.
- The SGPC( Shiromani Gurdwara Parbandhak Committee) has decided to limit the grand function of the 400th anniversary of Guru teg bahadur.
- Although, the President of SDPC Bibi jagir Kaur said that, “The 400th Prakash Gurpurab centenary celebrations were scheduled to be celebrated grandly at Bhai Gurdas Ji Nagar, New Amritsar in collaboration with the Sangat. But due to the surge in the Covid-19 cases, these ceremonies will now be held at the Diwan Hall of Gurdwara Sri Manji Sahib at Sri Darbar Sahib.”
- She has also mentioned that the decision has been taken after having a collective discussion and meetings with the government officials.
- Bibi jagir Kaur said also said that “There was a lot of enthusiasm among the Sangat for the centenary celebrations, but due to Covid-19 there would not be a large gathering. A series of events are being organized at Gurdwara Guru Ke Mahal, the birthplace of the ninth Guru in Amritsar, which is being telecast live through various platforms. During the centenary, similar events will be telecast live so that the Sangat of country and world can get connected with the historic day celebration. During the centenary celebrations, links would be provided to the channels for live coverage for the events from April 29 to May 1. Any channel which wants to do the live coverage would be able to do so.”
- Therefore, further, she asserts that “Covid-19 has affected the whole world and as always the SGPC is working for the betterment of humanity even in this time of crisis. Although, the SGPC was already providing better treatment to the corona patients at its healthcare institutions, now in view of the critical situation, Sri Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital at Chatiwind Gate has been completely dedicated for the corona patients.”
- She also said, “A total of 100 beds have been provided here and corona vaccination facility is also being provided free of cost. SGPC has made arrangements for vaccination at Sri Guru Ram Das Medical College Vallah, Sri Guru Ram Das Charitable Hospital Amritsar, Baba Buddha Ji Hospital Bir Sahib, and at Fuhara Chowk Amritsar. The SGPC is taking good care of the corona patients and the medical teams are providing better services for their care.”
- The SDPC chief further stated that “There is a big problem of oxygen for the treatment of corona patients for which the government should make steadfast and solid arrangements. The matter has also been taken up with the Chief Secretary of the Punjab government. The covid-19 vaccine is also not fully available which could be a problem. SGPC had already deposited money in advance for the vaccine and appealed to the government to ensure an uninterrupted supply of the vaccine”.
Also, Read – Activist Greta Thunberg joins the fight against the Covid vaccine Inequality
- However, she further stated that the event will be going through the online platforms and will be telecasted on various online platforms as well.
She is integral to optimizing the content. she is very determined in writing new content and its publication itself. currently, She is a student at the University of Delhi.