Buddha Purnima marks the birth anniversary of Lord Buddha. He also attained enlightenment on this day. Buddha Purnima is also known as Buddha Jayanti, Vesak Day, and Vaishaka. It is celebrated every year on full moon night and this year we are celebrating it on 26 May. This will be the 2583rd birth anniversary of Gautama Buddha.
Devotees who can visit the Mahabodhi Temple in Bodh Gaya, Bihar on this day. They pray and pour water on the roots of the Bodhi tree. Celebrate this auspicious day with your loved ones and wish them the best and share thoughtful quotes of Lord Buddha about life.
Buddha Purnima greetings to everyone. The teachings of Lord Buddha show us the path of liberation from suffering. Let us follow the path of wisdom, compassion & service shown by the Buddha and get rid of COVID-19 through our collective resolve & concerted efforts.
— President of India (@rashtrapatibhvn) May 26, 2021
Significance of Budhha Purnima
- Every full moon day is an auspicious day for Buddhists, but the most important is the full moon day in May, as the three major events in Gautama Buddha’s life took place on this day. Day.
- First of all, Buddha-to-be, Prince Siddhartha was born on the full moon day in May in Lumbini Grove.
- Secondly, after six years of hardship, he attained enlightenment under the shadow of the Bodhi tree and became Gautama Buddha at Bodh Gaya on the full moon day of May.
- Third, he died in Nibbana, after 45 years of teaching Truth, when he was eighty years old, at Kushinara, on the full moon day of May, the culmination of all desires.
- Gautama Buddha preached Dharma (duty), non-violence, harmony, and mercy.
- He renounced his worldly possessions and princely state at the age of 30, to spend his life in search of truth, seeking penance in the hope of freeing himself from suffering (sorrow).
Celebration of Buddha Purnima
On this day, Buddhists and followers of Buddhism around the world pray, meditate, fast, and discuss the teachings of the Buddha. There is also a tradition of taking a dip in the holy river Ganga as it is believed that it washes away sins. However, due to the increasing coronavirus cases and deaths this year, people have been advised not to celebrate the festival in a way that would violate Covid-19 safety rules and regulations and urged to celebrate in the safety of their homes.
What Does Buddhism Teach?
Buddhism teachings see life as a process of constant change which means that one can change for the better. It emphasizes how to live a happy and peaceful life. It is not learning about strange beliefs from faraway lands but teaches us to look at our own lives and think about them.
It shows us how to understand ourselves and cope with our daily problems in a righteous manner. Buddhism has developed many methods to control ones’ mind and one of the most important and effective ways to do so is meditation. It is a way of developing more positive states of mind that are characterized by calm, concentration, awareness, and emotions.
10 Best Happy Buddha Purnima 2021 Wishes
- May Lord Buddha bless us with peace, prosperity, and happiness. Happy Buddha Purnima.
- Buddha Purnima wishes and greetings to you and your family.
- Let us live by the teachings of Lord Buddha to make the world a better place. Happy Buddha Jayanti.
- On this auspicious day, let us remember Lord Buddha’s teachings and spread the message of universal brotherhood and compassion for everyone. Warm wishes to you on Buddha Jayanti.
- Warm greetings on the auspicious occasion of Buddha Purnima, the birth anniversary of Gautama Buddha.
- May the teachings of Gautama Buddha lead us on the path of freedom from suffering and pain. Happy Buddha Purnima.
- Wishing that you find Rays of hope and your life is enlightened…By the divine grace…Of Lord Buddha!
- May the Lord Buddha enlighten you on the path of Truth, love, and peace.
- You may gather knowledge, power, prestige, and money…Happy Buddha Purnima…!
- If a man lives a pure life, nothing can destroy him. If he has conquered greed, nothing can limit his freedom. May Lord Buddha’s preachings for right conduct, right motive, right speech, right effort, right resolve, right livelihood, right attention, and right meditation…help us to eradicate evil and suffering from this world. Happy Buddha Jayanti.
Happy Buddha Purnima 2021 Quotes of Gautama Buddha
Pain is certain, suffering is optional: Gautama Buddha.
Three things can not hide for long: the Moon, the Sun, and the Truth: Gautama Buddha.
There is no path to happiness, happiness is the path: Gautama Buddha.
You will not be punished for your anger; you will be punished by your anger: Gautama Buddha.
Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without Gautama Buddha.
The secret of health for both mind and body is not to mourn for the past, nor to worry about the future, but to live the present moment wisely and earnestly: Gautama Buddha.
An insincere and evil friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind: Gautama Buddha.
Anger will never disappear so long as thoughts of resentment are cherished in the mind. Anger will disappear just as soon as thoughts of resentment are forgotten: Gautama Buddha.
Your work is to discover your work and then with all your heart to give yourself to it: Gautama Buddha.
Nothing can harm you as much as your thoughts unguarded: Gautama Buddha.
If we could see the miracle of a single flower our whole life would change: Gautama Buddha.
Believe nothing, no matter where you read it, or who said it, no matter if I have said it unless it agrees with your reason and your common sense: Gautama Buddha.
If a man’s thoughts are muddy, If he is reckless and full of deceit, How can he wear the yellow robe? Whoever is master of his nature, Bright, clear, and true, He may indeed wear the yellow robe: Gautama Buddha.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.