Highlights of the Match:-
- Date & Time- 11th March, & 7pm IST.
- Toss – South African legends won the toss and elected to field first.
- Venue – Shaheed Veer Narayan Singh International Stadium, Raipur.
- England legends – 121(18.1)
- South African legends – 125/2(13)
- Results – South African legends won by 8 wickets, with 42 balls remaining.
- Player of the Match – Thandi Tshabalala (South African legend)
- During the 11th match of the road safety world series 2021. South African legends thrashed out the England legends with 8 wickets and 42 balls.
- The captain of South African legends Jonty Rhodes won the toss and decided to do fielding first. Thus, his opponents chased the score of 121 runs in 18.1 overs.
- Therefore, south African legends later chased the target in 13 overs only with the fall of 2 wickets.
— Road Safety World Series (@RSWorldSeries) March 9, 2021
- Even though, the top-order batsman made the target very comfortable to chase.
- South African Legends openers Andrew Puttick and Morne van Wyk provided a strong start with the 59 runs partnership for the opening wicket. James Tredwell broke that partnership by dismissing Puttick for 23 runs during the eighth over of that chasing.
- Then wicket-keeper batsman Morne and Alviro Petersen strengthen the game with the quick-fire 36 runs partnership for the second wicket inside the next 18 balls.
- Morne just missed his fifty as he was stumped out for 46 runs off 31 balls (6 fours and 2 sixes) while Usman Afzaal took that wicket.
- Alviro remained 31 not out off 18 balls while captain Jonty Rhodes scored 17 not out off 7 balls as they chased down the target without losing a further wicket with 42 balls remaining.
- However, England team bowlers continuously struggled in the first inning often tournament.