Amid growing demand to cancel the CBSE Class 12 board exam 2021 due to rising coronavirus cases in the country. Union Education Minister Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank held a virtual meeting with senior officials on Monday (May 17) to discuss this important issue.
The Union Minister of Education Ramesh Pokhriyal ‘Nishank’ took to Twitter on Sunday and said that he will be virtually attending the meeting with State Education Secretaries on May 17, 2021, at 11 am. Further, the objective of the meeting is to review the Covid-19 situation, online education, and work around National Education Policy, NEP.
I will be virtually attending the meeting with State Education Secretaries on 17th May, 2021 at 11 AM. The objective of the meeting is to review the #COVID situation, online education, and work around NEP. pic.twitter.com/6VMXkBldLU
— Dr. Ramesh Pokhriyal Nishank (@DrRPNishank) May 16, 2021
About class 12 Board Exam Cancellation
- It is expected that during the meeting Pokhriyal will take a final decision regarding the cancellation of the CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2021.
- Pokhriyal will hold discussions with education secretaries of all states before taking a final decision on canceling the CBSE Class 12 board exam 2021.
- Sources said that during the meeting, the Union Education Minister will also review the impact of the COVID-19 epidemic on the education sector during the high-level meeting.
- The minister will also discuss the promotion of online education and the implementation of the New Education Policy (NEP).
Here’s what Class 12 Board Exam students say
- While commenting on the conduction of CBSE Class 12 board exams, a Class 12 board student, Rahul Dhyani said,” In my opinion, the Class 12 board exams should be postponed till the situation normalizes.
- The board should not cancel the Class 12 exams as it will affect college admissions.
- Also, I want to request the government to start the vaccination drive for school students.
CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2021: 10 things you need to know
- Lakhs of students and parents across the country want CBSE to cancel the Class 12 board exams given the Covid-19 pandemic. Meanwhile, CBSE has not issued any official statement regarding the same thing yet.
- A plea was filed in the Supreme Court last week to cancel the Class 12 examination 2021. The plea demanded that the Class 12 result must be declared based on ‘objective methodology’ within a specific timeframe.
- CBSE announced on Friday that it had not taken a decision yet on the CBSE Class 12 board exams 2021. “It is clarified that no such decision (cancellation of exams) has been taken regarding class 12 board examination, as being speculated. Any decision taken in this matter will be officially communicated to the public,” a senior CBSE official said as per PTI.
- Earlier this month, a PIL filed in Delhi High Court urged that students who will appear for class 12 board exams should receive the vaccine on priority. The PIL asked the court to direct the Centre and Delhi government to vaccinate all class 10 and 12 students who would be appearing for board exams in the 2020-21 session.
- A FEW DAYS BACK, the CBSE Class 12 Board Exam 2021 students started a campaign on Twitter with the hashtag #cancel12thboardexams2021. A few students have suggested evaluating them similar to the Class 10 board exam 2021 assessment criteria.
- To stand against the conduction of the upcoming Class 12 board exams, students have also been tweeting using #SaveBoardStudents to put forward their requests.
- A senior education ministry official recently told TOI that the CBSE 12th board exams may be scrapped and CSBE would review the situation and “probably would have to work out an alternative assessment scheme for the Class 12 students.”
- Prime Minister Narendra Modi on April 14 chaired a high-level meeting to review the examinations to be held at various levels given the developing Covid-19 situation. After the meeting with PM Modi, the Ministry of Education announced to postpone the class 12 exams amid the Covid surge. Further, in the meeting, it was decided that a notice of at least 15 days will be given before the start of the Class 12 board examinations.
- Meanwhile, CBSE has canceled the Class 10 board exams and said the students will be promoted without physical exams. Also, the board is expected to declare the Class 10 results by June 20.
- CBSE has launched a new app to help students deal with mental trauma amid the present situation of Covid-19. The app is available for students from classes 9 to 12 to help them maintain their psycho-social wellness- IndiaToday
A few days ago, the Ministry of Education and CBSE had rejected media reports that the CBSE is planning to cancel class 12 board exams. Discussions regarding the same are still underway. No such decision has been taken regarding CBSE class 12 examinations as speculated in certain media sections. Any decision taken in this matter will be officially communicated to the public- the Ministry official had said.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule