According to an official statement, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Thursday chaired a high-level meeting to review oxygen supply across India and discussed ways to boost its availability.
PM Modi chaired a high-level meeting to review status of #COVID-19 in the country along with preparedness of the State/UTs for COVID vaccination, today. Meeting was attended by Cabinet Secretary, Principal Secretary to PM, Health Secretary, & other senior officials: Govt of India https://t.co/grfgIRk6wt
— ANI (@ANI) January 9, 2021
- The PM was informed about how the supply of oxygen supply to the states is continuously increasing.
- Against the current demand from 20 states of 6,785 MT of liquid medical oxygen, the Center has allocated 6,822 MT a day to these states since 22 April.
In his address to the nation on Tuesday, the PM acknowledged the rapid rise in demand for oxygen and assured the nation that the Center, states, and private companies are working hard to ensure that it is available as soon as possible.
Also, read | When a Covid Patient Needs Hospitalization
What did PM Narendra Modi say?
- PM Modi has called for using innovative ways to provide oxygen support to health facilities. States should come down heavily on hoarding of oxygen supply.
- During the meeting, Modi highlighted the importance of working fast on three aspects – increasing oxygen production, increasing its speed and distribution, and using innovative methods to provide oxygen support to healthcare facilities.
- Modi directed the officials to ensure that oxygen supply in various states is uninterrupted. He spoke of the need to fix responsibility with local administration in cases of obstruction.
PM was informed that a detailed exercise is being done in coordination with the states to identify their oxygen demand and ensure supply accordingly.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule