The cases of corona infection continue to fluctuate in the country. In such a situation, there is a possibility of a third wave and since September 1, i.e. from today, schools have also opened in many states, then the concerns have increased even more. There was a discussion going on for the last several days about whether it would be safe to open the school and is it the right time?
Since the infection has started spreading among children with the opening of schools in America, and in such a situation, the risk of infection has increased among parents, teachers, school staff, and others. Keeping this in mind, recently, Dr. Naresh Trehan, chairman of Medanta Hospital, had warned that it would not be right to reopen schools in this era of the epidemic.
However, a parliamentary committee last month said that the opening of schools is beneficial for the children. In such a situation, if you are also sending your child to school, then it is very important to keep some things in mind so that the risk of infection does not increase.
Make your child wear a mask
- Since children are not being vaccinated in the country right now, they need to be more careful.
- If parents are sending their child to school, then it is their responsibility to make the child wear a mask, then send it to school and also teach them not to take off the mask even without forgetting, as it can increase the risk of infection.
Double masking is a better option
- Double masking has been said to be more effective in preventing corona.
- Therefore, parents should teach their children the method of double masking that first a surgical mask and then a tight fit cloth mask should be worn over it, or if there is no surgical mask then two cotton masks can also be worn.
Note- There is no need for double masking if you are wearing an N-95 mask.
Safe physical distance is essential
- Tell your child how important safe physical distance is to prevent corona.
- Since children are going to school after several months, they may forget or ignore this rule when meeting friends, so parents should explain well in advance to the child that there is a need to avoid people and other children in the school.
- Maintain a distance, otherwise, the infection may spread.
Avoid touching unnecessary things
- Parents tell their children to avoid touching anything unnecessary on the way or inside the school while going to school, as doors, tables, chairs, or other things are also at high risk of spreading the infection.
Never forget to wash your hands
- Tell the child to wash hands with soap and water from time to time even at school, so that there is no risk of spreading the infection.
- It is important for the parents to buy the child sanitizer as well so that they can use it to avoid infection in the absence of soap and water.
- Do not be careless at all, because school is also important and staying safe is also important.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule