- The Delhi police have launched the “COVI VAN HElPLINE” for senior citizens amid Covid – 19. They launched this for those people who are Struggling with medical Equipment and some essential products of Covid – 19.
- Therefore, the South District Police of the national capital has launched a COVI Van Helpline (012- 26241077) for senior citizens in the neighborhood amid the coronavirus situation here.
Information about the “COVI VAN”
- The information of commencement of COVI Van has been disseminated in the Greater Kailash -1 area through beat officers and Residents Welfare Association (RWA).
- All the precautions including – sanitization, gloves, masks, and social distancing – will be taken while and after every visit.
- After receiving any call from COVI Van, deployed police official on COVI Van with a beat officer will go to the house of senior citizens and help them in getting their needs, including any essential item, vaccination, and medicines.
However, All the precautions will be taken including – Gloves, sanitization, mask, and Social Distancing are compulsory.
Initially, the facility was initiated At Greater Kailash Police Station, Said Atul Thakur ( the Deputy Commissioner of police ) South, New Delhi.
He further Stated that “Keeping in view the problems faced by senior citizens due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic that has restricted their movement, the initiative has been launched for their safety. It is a 24X7 helpline 011 26241076. The vehicle, an SUV, that has been named ‘COVI Van’, has been donated for this purpose by Society of Indian Automobile Manufacturers,” the report quoted DCP Thakur as saying.
Also, Read – Kerala’s Iron Lady & Oldest MLA Passes Away
However, they will Assist the Elderly Citizens as per their requirements.