Clearing the air over the privatization of Indian Railways, which has been opposed by several leaders, Union Railway Minister Piyush Goyal on Tuesday said that Indian Railways will not be privatized and will always remain with the government.
However, the Minister also stressed the need for private investment for the more efficient functioning of the railways.
Speaking on the Demand for Grants of Ministry of Railways 2021-22 in the Lok Sabha, Goyal Said –
- That there has been no death of any passenger due to a rail accident in two years.
- Mr. Goyal said the Modi government has hiked investment in railways to ₹ 2.15 lakh crore in 2021-22 fiscal, from ₹ 1.5 lakh crore in 2019-20 Fiscal Year.
- However, the railways have been putting an enormous focus on passenger safety.
- He said the country can progress towards high growth and create more employment opportunities only when the public and private sectors work together.
- Indian Railways will never be privatized. It is the property of every Indian and it will remain with the government of India.
For daily news updates related to finance, business and sports keep following our portal Daily News Capsule
Nikita Dhyani is a passionate writer. She basically writes on Health, Finance, and Politics related topics. She has explored many areas of interest and is being a part of the journalism industry.